JIRCAS is currently implementing a project in Madagascar aimed at improving nutrient use efficiency of rice cultivation in Africa.
■ Latest Topics
● The JIRCAS Open House was held online from April 18 – 24, 2022 We would like to thank everyone who participated in the online open house.
The mini-lectures and panel discussion are archived in the JIRCAS YouTube channel. Please watch the videos for details.
● PNAS Released BNI-enhanced Wheat Research Video Intro Prior to Best Paper Award Ceremony In March 2022, the BNI-enhanced wheat research was awarded the Cozzarelli Prize for the best paper in 2021 by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA (PNAS). An introductory video highlighting the results of this work is available on the PNAS YouTube channel.
● Senior Researcher Subbarao Presents BNI Research at TED 2022 Dr. Guntur V. Subbarao, Senior Researcher in the Crop, Livestock and Environment Division, gave a TED Talk of the JIRCAS research on biological nitrification inhibition (BNI) at TED 2022: A NEW ERA, held in Vancouver, Canada from April 10 -14, 2022.
● Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Tunisia to Japan Visits JIRCAS H.E. Mr. Mohamed Elloumi, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Tunisia to Japan, and his delegation visited JIRCAS on April 25, 2022 and exchanged opinions with President Koyama and other executive officials.
● Burkina Faso Newspaper Publishes Interview with Senior Researcher Sarr Dr. Papa Saliou Sarr, Senior Researcher in the Crop, Livestock and Environment Division, was interviewed by the local newspaper “Infos-Sciences-Culture” of Burkina Faso, and the article was published on April 15, 2022.
● JARQ (Japan Agricultural Research Quarterly) Vol. 56 No. 2 JARQ is a comprehensive English-language academic journal that introduces the latest status of agriculture, forestry, and fisheries research in Japan.
■ Call for Submissions
We welcome your contributions of overseas events and timely local information.
Please send your article with your name, affiliation (anonymous submissions are also acceptable), and title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
■ Mail Magazine Subscription etc.
To sign-up, unsubscribe, or change email address, please click here (with SSL support):
Edited and Published by
Information and Public Relations Office
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS)
1-1 Ohwashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8686, Japan https://www.jircas.go.jp/en